Revolut, a fast growing London-based financial technology company, is looking to hire a blockchain specialist to lead its technical team tasked with designing and building the Revolut Crypto exchange.
Key points to remember:
- According to a job posting posted on Linkedin, Revolut is looking for the right candidate to lead its nascent team of software developers who will build the cryptocurrency exchange service for the popular digital bank.
- The digital bank is looking for a candidate with experience in building order matching systems that are the backbone of exchange offers. In addition, at least seven years in the tech industry and in-depth knowledge of backend development is required. At the time of writing, 27 candidates have already applied.
- Revolut had started offering cryptocurrency-related services at the end of 2017, when the company first rolled out its digital currency trading feature. While Revolut users were initially limited to buying, selling, and holding Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin, the list of supported digital assets has since grown to include more than 50 digital currencies.
- According to two anonymous sources familiar with the plans, the UK’s largest fintech firm is considering launching its own digital token, which has functionality similar to Binance’s BNB.
- After completing the $ 800 million round of funding led by SoftBank in July, Revolut’s valuation stands at $ 33 billion. Internet banking alone is used by over 16 million users around the world.
David is a crypto enthusiast and a personal finance expert. He has created numerous publications for different platforms. He loves to explore new things, and that’s how he discovered blockchain in the first place.