Wyoming Republican Senator Cynthia Lummis has made a name for herself in the cryptocurrency community for her proactive stance on the issue. Now she will present a full bill next year.
- Senator Cynthia Lummis – a well-known Bitcoin HODLer – is reportedly introducing a cryptocurrency bill next year.
- It will cover everything from consumer protection to how crypto is taxed and categorized.
- The main objective of the bill would be to provide regulators with clear and concise guidance on assets belonging to various asset classes, to regulate stable coins and to protect consumers.
- In addition, the bill would also see the creation of a new organization that would be under the joint jurisdiction of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.
- CryptoPotato said Cynthia Lummis would sit on the US Senate Banking Committee.
- Bloomberg reports, however, that the bill would likely face a difficult path in the Senate which is equally divided on partisan lines on cryptocurrency issues.
$ 100 Free on Binance (Exclusive): Use this link to sign up and receive $ 100 free and 10% off Binance Futures fees in the first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to sign up and enter the code POTATO50 to get 25% off trading fees.