The Solana Foundation Remote Procedure Call (RPC) endpoints went offline on January 8 due to a bug in the Validator client test version 1.14.
According to an update from Solana Status, the bug affected nodes that have adopted the latest test version and have advised those operating on the node to upgrade to 1.13. RPC endpoints are essentially the nodes that connect decentralized applications (DApps) and wallets to the blockchain.
- The incident, however, did not impact Solana’s block production, unlike previous instances of outages that froze the network’s ability to produce blocks for hours.
“The Mainnet Explorer Beta and Solana Foundation public RPC endpoints are currently offline as the RPC node software is upgraded, following a bug in the 1.14 test build. Block production n was not impacted and the Solana network was not impacted.
- The bug only affected foundation-managed RPCs, while private RPCs offered by companies including Triton, QuickNode, and Alchemy, on the other hand, remained operational.
- While clarifying that impacted RPCs represent only a small subset of Solana’s RPC infrastructure, Austin Federa, Solana Foundation’s Head of Strategy and Communications, said:
“The Solana Foundation RPCs are an extremely limited throughput service that is not intended for anything production-level, just testing and occasional use. The Solana Foundation’s RPC infra is intentionally at the forefront of release candidates to do just that: find bugs in low-impact situations. »
- Solana suffered a handful of outages and trading halts last year amid the crushing crypto winter, leading to a massive drop in SOL’s price.
- 2023, however, started off on a fairly positive note for the native token. In fact, SOL had the best first week of the year among the top 20 cryptoassets by market capitalization.
- In the past 24 hours alone, SOL is up 22% and is currently trading above $16.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to sign up and receive $100 free and 10% off Binance Futures fees for the first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to sign up and enter code POTATO50 to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.