Messaging apps are everywhere – more than 3.6 billion people Use it all over the world, with the average person sending it to 72 messages every 24 hours. Every day WhatsApp spreads alone 100 billion message, while WeChat . transmits 205 million video messages.
With this popularity comes a darker side: the side Hacked personal dataAnd electronic theft, the government Privacy Violations. The way messaging apps are designed, operated, and managed by default exposes them to several risks:
- Most messaging apps require user input Sensitive personal data, including name, phone number and date of birth.
- Many applications use your personal data for their own purposes. Facebook is known to share data of Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp users with advertisers.
- Global monitoring of citizens with WhatsApp accounts has been conducted by governments across Use of spyware.
A recent series of high-profile events has highlighted the scale and frequency of the problem:
- Telegram, considered to be the most secure option for WhatsApp, suffered a massive data leak in August 2020 which exposed the personal data of More than 500 million users.
Furthermore, newer messaging platforms do not effectively address the issue. Signal, considered to be a superior alternative For both WhatsApp and Telegram, it is still used cloud based architecture Messages are allowed for non-users unencrypted.
Instead, a real and viable solution can be found in the power of Blockchain technology. A team of Lithuanian telecom technology experts has recently developed a solution that specifically eliminates all the problems of global messaging platforms. This solution is called secretion.
Secretum is the world’s first and only decentralized encrypted messaging app, built on Solana Blockchain. It provides users with a secure, hassle-free and direct messaging platform, revolving around the main technological advantages:
- No servers, no moderators and full end-to-end encryption of all messages between users.
- No message data or file storage centrally located or in the cloud – only on trusted and independently verified nodes in the Secretum network.
- Users can register exclusively with their encrypted wallet addresses. No need to share names, dates of birth, or any other sensitive data – in other words, complete anonymity.
In addition to these advantages as a messaging application, Secretum allows users to trade exchangeable and non-fungible P2P crypto assets in a cost-effective manner, bypassing existing exchanges.
Solana, considered World’s Fastest Blockchain, allows Secretum to take advantage of low gas fees and high block speeds, joining a successful crypto ecosystem of more than 400 projects worldwide.
The result is an app that radically changes the way people communicate via instant messaging, making it safer, more reliable, and more user-friendly than ever.
Secretum has the potential to grow into a well-known, used and globally recognized platform – bringing WhatsApp or Telegram ubiquitous, just without any of the major weaknesses.