MicroStrategy, a publicly traded US company, spent $ 94.2 million on its purchase of 1,914 Bitcoin during the month of December. According to Bitcoin Treasuries, the company now holds 124,391 BTC, worth $ 5.8 billion at current market rates.
Key points to remember:
- According to the SEC filing released Thursday, MicroStrategy spent an average of $ 49,229 per Bitcoin obtained in December.
- MicroStrategy’s more than 124,000 BTC reserve is by far the largest stock of the world’s largest crypto by one of the publicly traded companies. Electric vehicle maker Tesla is the second holder, with 43,200 BTC.
- In filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), MicroStrategy revealed that it spent a total of $ 3.75 billion on Bitcoin, at “an average purchase price of around $ 30,159 per BTC “.
- At the Investor Day 2021 event in December, MicroStrategy CEO Michael Saylor hinted that the company was looking to generate a “return” from its massive BTC pool and might consider lending. part of its digital wallet in the future.
- Considering the reported average purchase price of BTC, MicroStrategy is currently up over $ 2 billion on its BTC investments, which represents an ROI of almost 56%.
- The interactive MicroStrategy BTC holdings chart made by The Block shows the average purchase price of BTC and the total number of coins held by the company.
David is a crypto enthusiast and a personal finance expert. He has created many publications for different platforms. He enjoys exploring new things, and that’s how he discovered blockchain in the first place.