Berlin, Germany, March 23, 2022,
We are museumsan international community of museum professionals, and TZ connectionBerlin-based team dedicated to advancing the Tezos ecosystem, announces the launch of a new program titled WAC Scholarship (Web3 for Arts and Culture) which will start on April 18. After successfully launching a weekly chat program, WAC weekly, in December 2021, this new initiative is designed to guide arts and culture professionals through the exciting opportunities offered by Web3 innovations.
Powered by the Tezos ecosystem, the WAC fellowship is an 8-week program to learn about Web3 and build a project for arts and culture from scratch, intensive and immersive educational programs, mentorships and hands-on sessions.
The WAC Fellowship program will focus on three areas: how arts and cultural institutions can use Web3 technology to further their mission for social good; ways institutions can include Web3 in their commitment to environmental justice; and Web3 as a navigation tool through the financial crisis weighing on the cultural sector.
Starting April 18, the training program will offer a comprehensive set of knowledge and new practices. Covering the basics of blockchain combined with a set of practical and forward-looking sessions to identify new use cases, it is composed of:
- Training on NFTs, DAOs, encryption, DeFi, consensus mechanisms, oracles, etc.
- Workshop on Web3 Futures in Culture and the Arts: A Futures Literacy Lab inspired by UNESCO in collaboration with MOTI Foundation.
- Checking the technological reality of the blockchain: everything that is and is not possible
- One-on-one mentoring sessions with technologists and strategists
- Weekly fireside chats where fellows meet the people shaping space today, in collaboration with Blockchain 2.0 Art Repertoire.
- Access to resources including the latest press reviews, ecosystem mapping, a knowledge library with tutorials and useful links and bibliographies, and an open source library to develop new projects, in collaboration with Blockchain Art Directory 2.0 .
To apply for the WAC Fellowship Program, click itD. The application deadline is April 4 at noon UTC.
On March 28 at 16:00 UTC, an information event will be organized to present the WAC scholarship in detail and answer questions, followed by a creative “Idea Lab” to brainstorm new use cases of Web3 for arts institutions. and cultural. Interested in joining? register here.
About We Are Museums:
Following a long journey of international conferences and local gatherings, We Are Museums opened its online platform in March 2020 to create more international gatherings, game-changing conversations and programs to solve the challenges of the world. ‘industry. Today, the community’s fields of discussion and exchange revolve around environmental, health and social crises, how museums are redefining their collections, understanding and fostering the development of new immersive technologies in museums, and learning to envision better futures. https://wearemuseums.com/
About TZ Connect:
TZ Connect is a Berlin-based team that creates open source software, provides support for projects and businesses that build on Tezos, and connects different players within the Tezos ecosystem. https://www.tzconnect.com/en/
Tezos is smart money, redefining what it means to hold and trade value in a digitally connected world. A self-scaling, energy-efficient blockchain with a proven track record, Tezos seamlessly embraces tomorrow’s innovations without network disruption today. For more information, please visit https://tezos.com/.
- [email protected]