Bob Lee – Founder of Cash App and former CTO of Block owned by Jack Dorsey – has been identified as the victim of a fatal stabbing near downtown San Francisco.
The incident is being investigated by the SFPD Homicide.
- According to a reportLee, 43, died after being found stabbed in the 400 block of Main Street in SoMa early Tuesday morning.
- Police said the Bay Area technical manager received medical assistance. First responders were also called to the scene to provide additional lifesaving measures. Lee was then taken to hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries.
- No arrests have been made so far, but the investigation remains active. Officials urged anyone with information to call the SFPD’s 24-hour information line.
- A flood of tributes poured in on several social media platforms praising the executive who had served as chief product officer of the MobileCoin cryptocurrency since November 2021.
- Block’s Jack Dorsey also announced Lee’s death on the decentralized social media platform, Nostr.
- Meanwhile, Bill Barhydt, the CEO of crypto wallet company Abra, has also tweeted,
“I just heard the devastating news that our friend Bob Lee was killed in SF early today. Bob was a father, the former CTO of Square where he created Cash App and CTO of Mobile Coin. It was a generous and decent human being who did not deserve to be killed.
Binance Free $100 (Exclusive): Use this link to sign up and receive $100 free and 10% off Binance Futures fees for the first month (terms).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to sign up and enter code CRYPTOPOTATO50 to receive up to $7,000 on your deposits.