Roughly a month after it was tapped for the second time this year, Cream Finance reports that it has recovered more than $16 million in funds.
- Potato encryption It was reported on August 31 of this year when decentralized finance protocol Cream Finance suffered another security breach – this time, nearly $25 million in ETH and AMP was stolen.
- At the time, the team in charge of the project promised to investigate the method and provide frequent updates.
- Now, about a month after the incident, Karim has identified a positive result, at least for a large portion of the stolen money.
- The team confirmed that its full commitment to recover those funds resulted in the recovery of more than 5,150 ETH. At today’s prices, that amount represents more than 16 million dollars. However, there are still several million left.
- Karim further explained that the parties involved in the refund received a 50% bonus. Also, the DeFi protocol honored the traditional 10% bug bounty and allowed the hacker to keep 10% of the stolen funds.
Thanks to them, we were able to immediately track down and identify the intruder we dealt with.
KarimdotFinance 🍦 (CreamdotFinance) October 1, 2021
Free $50 Binance Futures Coupon: Use this link to sign up and get 10% off fees and $50 when you trade $500 (limited offer).
PrimeXBT Special Offer: Use this link to register and enter the code POTATO50 to get a free 50% bonus on any deposit up to 1 BTC.